- Pragya Thakur on 'temple run' after EC curbs on campaigning
Malegaon blast accused and BJP's Lok Sabha candidate Pragya Singh Thakur went on a temple run on Thursday, a day after the Election Commission imposed a 72-hour campaigning ban on her. The EC ban followed complaints against Thakur for her offensive remark against 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks martyr Hemant Karkare
- 472 Maoist surrendered this year, highest in 3 years: Govt
Maoist surrenders have seen a quantum jump this year, with 472 surrenders being reported until October 31 against 283 for the whole of 2013.
- Sensex surges over 200 points on global cues
Above-normal monsoon so far and narrowing of the country's trade deficit perked up mood, brokers said.
- Suggestions invited for amendment to PDPP Act
The ministry of Home Affairs has invited suggestions for proposed amendments in the Prevention of Damage to Public Property (PDPP) Act, 1984. The proposed amendments seek to deter the prospective violators from vandalizing and destroying public/private property during agitations and other forms of protests.
- Taxiway take off: Licences of 2 Jet pilots suspended
Jet had last Friday said that the incident happened when their plane was trying to take off from the runway. But the preliminary probe by Saudi authorities has found that the lane was trying to take off from a taxiway parallel to the take off-designated runway at full power.
- Extradition letter sets clock ticking for Mehul Choksi
- Green court bans vehicles older than 15 years in Delhi
On the day TOI highlighted the worsening state of Delhi’s air, the National Green Tribunal cited the report and issued a slew of directions to immediately address the problem.
- Chinks in security, heroin recovered from goods train form Pak
Despite claims of strict safety measures taken post November 2nd Wagah , Pakistan, suicide bomb blast, the security officials here recovered 7.480 kilogram heroin from goods train that arrived from Pakistan on Wednesday.
- India keeping close eye on Bangladesh polls
- Top10: India world's 3rd-largest military spender
- NCP attacks Maharashtra CM for not paying visit to 26/11 memorial
NCP today slammed chief minister Devendra Fadnavis for not paying homage to the martyrs of 26/11 terror attacks by visiting the memorial built for them.
- Lilavati hospital's former trustee arrested in foreign exchange violation case
Enforcement Directorate on Wednesday arrested a former trustee of Lilavati hospital in connection with a foreign exchange violation case.
- Vasan unveils party flag sporting images of Kamaraj, Moopanar
Former Union minister G K Vasan, who quit the Congress recently, unveiled a tri-colour flag for his yet-to-be named party on Wednesday.
- Weak spots for Nasa's manned Mars mission revealed
Scientists are developing a predictive model to help Nasa anticipate conflicts and communication breakdowns among crew members and head off problems that could make or break the US space agency's future manned mission to Mars. Nasa has formalised plans to send a crewed spacecraft to Mars, a journey that could involve 250 million miles of travel.
- How IDBI Bank let itself be duped by Siva firms
The first loan of Rs 322.40 crore from IDBI was issued to Siva’s Finland-based company Win Wind Oy (WWO) in October 2010, which became a non-performing asset three years later.
- Want to be a leader? Here's the place to be
- 'I was a bit nervous about wearing a bikini'
- Former UP advocate general SMA Kazmi killed in road accident
Former Uttar Pradesh advocate general S M A Kazmi was today killed and three others were injured when the car they were travelling in rammed into a tree in Hatigawan area, a senior police officer said here.
- Prakash Mehta to attend 26/11 anniversary programme on behalf of CM Fadnavis
Minister for Industries, mines and parliamentary affairs Prakash Mehta will attend the programmes regarding 26/11 on behalf of chief minister Devendra Fadnavis.