Nutrition is eating a balanced food at a well adjusted eating routine, so your body gets the supplements that it needs. And nutrients are substances in our food that our bodies need in order that they can function properly and develop. They incorporate sugars, fats, proteins, nutrients, minerals, and water.
Great nourishment is fundamental, regardless of your age. It gives you energy and may assist you control your weight. It might likewise help prevent many diseases, for example, osteoporosis, hypertension, coronary illness, type 2 diabetes, and certain diseases.
However, as you age, the requirements of your body and life change, to keep you healthy. For instance, you may require fewer calories. However, you need to get enough supplements. Some elders need more protein.
A few changes in your body that can occur as you age can make it harder for you to eat properly. Change in family or financial circumstances affect food intake tremendously eg
- Home-life, for example, living alone without help and not able to cook
- Any illness or weakness, which can make it harder for you to cook or take care of yourself
- Drugs, which can change how food tastes, make your mouth dry or remove your craving
- Financial constraints , which implies that you might not have as much cash for food
- Change in feeling of smell and taste, so you don’t feel like eating
- Issues biting or gulping your food because of stroke, misfit dentures etc
- What should you do if you are experiencing difficulty practising good eating habits?
- Some of the time, medical problems or different issues can make it difficult to practice good eating habits. A dietician can help you discover approaches to make it simpler.
- If you are burnt out on eating alone, find a companion through Seniors First who can prepare food and eat with you.
- If you are experiencing difficulty biting, see your dental specialist check for issues.
- If you are experiencing difficulty gulping, take a stab at drinking a lot of fluids with your dinner. In case that doesn't help, check with your doctor, an ailment or medication could be causing the issue.
- In case you're experiencing difficulty smelling and tasting your food, have a go at adding colour and variety to make your food additionally fascinating.
- If you're not eating enough, add some substantial healthy snacks or frequent small meals ,for the day to assist you with getting supplements and calories.
- If any disease is making it harder for you to cook or take care of yourself, hire a health attendant from Seniors First, who would cook for you and assist in eating, if required.
A dietician takes down all your history medical and non-medical and your preferences to chart you a personalised diet plan and interesting diet recipes that could improve your eating habits and your health.
Good nutrition is an integral part of aging. Nutrition for senior citizen care is different. We strive to provide elderly home care assistance through the nutrition services for families and caregivers. Our goal is to give you the resources to help the adults in your life thrive in their final years. Seniors first provide the elderly with the best nutrition services through our renowned dieticians.